Monday, July 19, 2010

So its been a crazy week. As most of you know Kampala had a terroroist attack last Sunday night. Internet has been in and out and we still don't have it at the house so I havent had much time to update. The first part of the week was a little somber. Everyone was a little freaked out about the bombing. The FBI is here so I found that kinda interesting. Luckily, we are stationed in Jinga, which is a few hours away from Kampala. We had a great week at work and did alot of interviews. On Wedsneday, I interviewed a lady who had 7 childrena and struggled as a single parent. At the end I was able to pray with her and we were both at in tears by the end of it. It was very special. We had a great weekend, we had to go into Kmpala to pick up some stuff for work. It was an adventure!! So many funny things happened, one mishap after another....welcome to Africa!!! I havent laughed that much in a long time. Sunday afternoon Brad and I went to the orphanage that his NGO supports and took 5 kids to the nicest hotel in Jinga. It was great, we walked in with a bunch of dirty kids. Bought them all cokes and french fries and let them run crazy! David, was my favorite. He is about 5 years old and really shy. He wanted to hold my hand the whole time. I lost him one time and found him in this really nice English style garden peeing all over the flowers. HAHA, it was hilarious!!! I enjoyed every second with these children.
Getting ready for another long, but successful week!! Hopefully the interent is back on at the house soon so I can update more :)

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful that you are safe! I can so see you running around that hotel with those wild kids! I hope you took some pictures! I love hearing all about your adventures in Africa so keep posting! Miss you! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete